NCTC Member News
- Design Nine announced the launch of the largest integrated fiber and wireless open access, open services municipal network in the United States. And it’s in Southwest Virginia! Read more. Design Nine has also announced th it has been selected to advise New Mexico on statewide broadband planning. Read more.
- HEICO Corporation HEICO Corporation recently announced that its Electronic Technologies Group has acquired 82.5% of VPT, Inc. of Blacksburg. Read the press release.
- LimbGear’s Noggin Net was featured on the The Today show. See the Today Show video.
- Virginia Tech's Business Information Technology senior class has just launched The Online Business Guidebook, a step-by-step guide for starting or growing an online business. The Online Business Guidebook is on sale now for only $9.95 plus S&H. Proceeds benefit the Virginia Tech Foundation and sponsorship opportunities are also available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- While lots of stats are quoted on the failure of start-ups, we’ve got high-tech businesses celebrating 10-year anniversaries in 2009. Wasn’t 1999 during the dot-com crash when pundits declared the end of high-tech start-ups? We continue to celebrate the strength and development of our regional high-tech economy. If you’re marking a 10-year company anniversary in 2009, Handshake 2.0 is preparing a related story. If you’d like a chance for your company to be included in the story, click here for more info.